Friday 23 December 2011

2nd Day in Saigon


























1. Bun Bo Hue

2. Night traffic at Ben Thanh Market

3. Emily is in cloud 9 at the Hello Kitty store

4. Dam Sen Water Park

5. Small sampling of the gazillion kids at the Water Park!


Half day left guys...... you can do it.


It's great having Cam around especially in Saigon. This is her home turf. We have learned quite a few things from her so far.


1st we learned how to cross the street .... safely.

2nd we learned how to bargain at the market. You have to be brave but it works. She is a pro at it.

3rd it doesn't matter how hard I try I just can't be a local. The Vietnamese can spot me out fairly quickly. It's so funny the vendors in the market would call me "sir" and start talking to me in English until I answer them back in Vietnamese and they stop and giggle and say "I thought you were Tay". I just laugh!!


I love walking with Emily to any store. The girls staff would whisper to one another in Vietnamese of how beautiful she looks and they keep staring at her until we leave the store. Emily feels like a celebrity.




Anyways, here are some of today's pics.


:)P

1 comment: